This is just a small selection of the projects that I have been involved in, over the last few years.
Nick Name: Bev
Phone: 07771 847106
Projects Worked On
Senior Web Developer / Technical Director
March 2013 - January 2019 (5 years 10 months)
- Designed and developed the layout of a printed A4 sheet that had two sticky labels at the top. The printed A4 sheet would contain the address within one label, a gift message within the other label, and the bottom two-thirds of the page would have the full order details. This was developed using PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS.
- Ensure all websites are tested for issues and bugs, resolving any that are found.
- Checking to make sure that the websites are responsive for mobile and tablet devices, and have cross-browser compatibility.
- Oversee client support for all issues and responsible for updating and applying server, WordPress and plugin patches.
- Provide training to clients on administering their website either in person, over the telephone or via e-mail. Creation of user guides to complement the training and to provide the client with guidance in the future.
- Responsible for a small team, providing them with mentoring, guidance and support for their job role, and managing and prioritising workloads.
- Holding weekly team meetings to go through workloads, deadlines, and to identify any areas of concern or any tasks that may fall behind. Work with the team to devise a plan to deal with any concerns or issues, provide them with support, and organise support from other members of the team.
- Provide information, timescales and support to the Managing Director for a range of different projects.
- Attend meetings with clients to go through the specification, functionality, and aim for their new website or for updates to their existing website. Liaise this information back to the team so that they understand what the client is aiming for and what work is required from them.
- Management of projects and sales pipeline using Teamwork and monday.com - providing updates to clients, the team, and the Managing Director.
January 2015 - Present (6 years)
- Creation of new website in WordPress with a bespoke theme created based on designs created in Adobe Photoshop.
- Regular updating of the website with new information, news articles and important safety information.
- Administer the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, interacting with people by answering their questions and by providing them with information relating to when the rally is taking place.
Senior Interface Developer
March 2012 - March 2013 (1 year)
- Oversee client support for all front-end issues – ranging from creation of landing pages, to resolving issues or errors, to providing support and training.
- Responsible for the Interface Development team – managing and prioritising workloads, and providing guidance and support.
- Creation of Change Requests and Proposals for key clients, including the creation of screen mock-ups using Balsamiq Mockups.
- Creation of training guides for clients, whose websites have been created using Kentico Content Management System for ASP.NET
- Provide information, timescales and support to the operations manager for a range of different projects and clients.
- Ensuring our websites and web applications adhere to W3C and Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) standards.
September 2011 - December 2011 (4 months)
- Development of their new corporate website, using the Drupal Content Management System, including development of the user interface based on an Adobe Illustrator file, using HTML and CSS.
- Creation of a Vet Practice website using a Content Management System written in Zend Framework, including development of the user interface based on an Adobe Illustrator file, using HTML and CSS.
- Designed and developed a new “members-only” campaign mini website, using HTML, CSS and jQuery, working closely with the Marketing Manager.
October 2005 - September 2011 (6 years)
- Researched, designed, and implemented a GIS solution for a web-based asset management system, using Open Source Mapguide, PHP, MSSQL, jQuery, AJAX, HTML and CSS.
- Designed and developed a user interface for a web-based road traffic accident data system, written using the ASP.NET MVC3 framework, HTML and CSS.
- Involved in the testing of a variety of web applications.
- Provided information, timescales, and support to project managers for a range of different projects.
- Provided support and guidance to the other developers within the department.
- Development of training plans and user guides, and running training sessions for groups of users, for a variety of applications.
- Development of systems, which adhered to W3C and Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) standards.
Information Services Assistant
January 2002 - September 2005 (3 years 9 months)
- Provided user support to both staff and students, ranging from hardware problems to software issues.
- Creation of material & documentation to aid teachers and students in the use of software and hardware.
- Creation, maintenance, and administration of the School of Applied Social Sciences & Business Studies website.
Usherette & Projectionist
July 1994 - January 2002 (7 years 7 months)
- Communicating with customers clearly, concisely, and quickly in the sale of tickets and confectionary. Both in person and over the telephone.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the City Cinema involving supervision of staff, stock control, and administrative duties.
August 1998 - August 1999 (1 year)
- Work placement year, as part of University course.
- Involved and completed a number of time-orientated projects that would enhance the skills, opportunities, and working practice of Century Inns.
- Provided user support for hardware and software to all levels of employee’s, including the Managing Director, and remote employees.
- Provided I.T. training to users in person, over the telephone or via e-mail, either on a one-to-one basis or to a group.
Fundamentals of Interaction Design (Distinction) | Certificate in Web Applications Development (Merit - Grade 2 Pass)
2004 - 2009
BSc (Hons) Computing for Business (1st Class) | HND Computing for Business (Distinction)
1998 - 2002
I opted to study Computing for Business, as I believed that it would give me a good grounding in the different aspects and areas of computing. The course covered a number of areas that have helped me throughout my career, and that I still use today. These include Object Orientated Programming, Unified Modelling Language, and Normalisation.
Cumbria College of Art & Design
BTEC in Desktop Publishing (Distinction) | RSA Stage II in Desktop Publishing (Pass)
Lets Keep In Touch
If you like what you’ve read and would like to find out more, then please do get in touch with me. My contact details are below:
Leave Me a Message
And of course, you can always get in touch with me by filling in the form below and I'll respond within 24 hours.